Portrait of Count Andrey Razumovsky by Roslin in Kotchoubey Collection

Count Andrey Kyrillovich Razumovsky in 1776 Alexander ROSLIN

National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne
Everard Studley Miller Bequest, 1962

Commissioned by Count Andrey Kyrillovich Razumovsky (1752–1836) in 1776, and kept in the Palais Razumovksy, Vienna until c. 1836; collection of Maria Vasileyvna Vassiltchikova (1779–1844); collection of Prince Victor Pavlovich Kotchoubey (1768–1834) and Princess Maria (née Vassiltchikova, see above), Dikanka, Ukraine and thence by descent until the Russian Revolution; exhibited Historical and Art Exhibition of Russian portraits, Tauride Palace, St Petersburg, 1905, no. 759; sold at public auction, Paris, c. 1924 (details unknown); recorded by Lundberg in Thieme-Becker in 1935 as being in a Russian private collection, France[1]; probably collection of Alvan Tufts Fuller (1878–1958), Boston, Massachusetts, before 1958; thence to the Fuller Foundation, Inc., 1958–61; loaned to Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, October 1959 – July 1961[2]; included in the sale Fine Pictures by Old and Modern Masters: The Property of the Fuller Foundation Inc., Christie’s, London, 1 December, 1961, no. 81 as Portrait of a Gentleman; purchased by Thomas Agnew & Sons (dealer), London, 1961; from where purchased, on the advice of Dr Mary Woodall, under the terms of the Everard Studley Miller Bequest, 1962.